Software Engineer - Job Description
We are looking for a software engineer to program a touch screen user interface for our machines. The software engineer will be working autonomously and will play an important role in shaping the user experience of our system. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Programming a touch screen user interface for the Raspberry Pi controller in Python.
- Wiring and programming various electronic components (sensors, actuators, etc.) and integrating them with the Raspberry Pi and the workflow in the user interface.
- Creating an RFID-enabled material management database and integrating it with the Raspberry Pi and the workflow in the user interface.
- Debugging and iterating the code based on process changes.
- Experience with a programming language (preferably Python).
- Experience programming microcontrollers (preferably Raspberry Pi).
- Knowledge of electronics (circuits, sensors, actuators, touch screens, RFID, etc.).
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
- Attractive salary bonus incentives.
- Stable and exciting job with upward mobility.
- Develop an interesting and innovative product.
- Work autonomously in a startup environment.
- Within a 1-minute walk from Main Square.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a few sentences introducing themselves and explaining why they are excited about this opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for Software Engineer role at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are also happy to accept motivated university students studying mechanical/electrical/software engineering or computer science for internships to work on this project. Students may be offered full-time positions based on performance.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is a US-based advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are using 3D printing with traditional metal casting processes to change the way metal parts are made. We are currently developing our MetalMaker M1 System which will be the world’s first small-scale metal casting foundry. We are looking to disrupt the metal casting and metal additive manufacturing industries with engineering applications in aerospace, automotive, medical, and military. We are now searching for engineers to build a product development team in Kraków, Poland.