R&D Engineer - Job Description
Location: Kraków, Poland
We are looking for an R&D engineer to work with our product to develop, refine, and simplify our processes for producing custom metal castings. The position will involve machine operation and troubleshooting, CAD/DFM for sample parts, 3D printing, CNC milling, and metal casting. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operating our prototypes, troubleshooting automation issues, and refining our casting workflow.
- Using AutoDesk Inventor for CAD/DFM of sample parts for various metal casting processes that show the capabilities of our product.
- Researching metallurgy, material properties, chemical compositions, patternmaking practices, mold design standards, and metal casting.
- Producing patterns, molds, and castings using 3D printing, CNC milling, and metal casting processes.
- Developing real-world applications, conducting case studies, establishing capabilities, and calculating ROI.
- Process testing, refinement, and iterating.
- Experience designing parts using CAD software (Inventor, Solidworks, etc.) with good design practice.
- Strong interest in metallurgy, material science, mechanical design, and manufacturing processes.
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience operating machines (3D printers, CNC machines, RC drones, robots, etc.).
- Experience with DFM for 3D printing, CNC milling, and/or metal casting processes.
- Experience with hands-on prototyping and manufacturing for personal or professional projects.
- Experience with standard workshop tools (drill press, saw, grinder, hand tools, etc.).
- Attractive salary and bonus proportional to individual experience.
- Stable and exciting job with unique opportunities for advancement.
- Hands-on work developing an interesting and innovative product.
- Work independently on a variety of tasks in a startup environment.
- Semi-flexible work hours with an accessible facility location.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a personal introduction explaining why they are excited about this opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for R&D Engineer role at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are also happy to consider motivated university students studying mechanical, electrical, software, automation, and robotics engineering or computer science for internships to work on this project. Students may be offered full-time positions based on performance.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is a US-based advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are developing a compact, affordable, and intuitive foundry system for making cast metal parts with the dimensional and material properties of industrial castings.
Our MetalMaker System will allow engineers, professionals, and small businesses to produce prototypes and production runs of cast metal parts. By integrating metal casting with 3D printing and CNC milling, we are able to provide an agile process workflow that will disrupt the metal casting and additive manufacturing industries.
We are now searching for engineers to develop our team in Kraków, Poland.