Mechatronics Engineer - Job Description
Job Location: Kraków, Poland
We are looking for a mechatronics engineer to help develop our MetalMaker Foundry for producing cast metal parts. The mechatronics engineer will be involved in circuit design, microcontroller programming, hardware/software development, prototyping, testing, and iterating. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Programming a touch screen user interface for the Raspberry Pi controller in Python.
- Programming various electronic components (microcontrollers, sensors, actuators, etc.) and integrating them with the Raspberry Pi and the workflow in the user interface.
- Developing a QR code enabled material management system integrating the Raspberry Pi controller with a simple mobile app and an external database.
- Designing and manufacturing a PCB to connect all of the electronics.
- Sourcing off-the-shelf components and custom parts from manufacturers.
- Prototyping, testing, debugging, and iterating the system.
- Knowledge of electronics (circuits, sensors, actuators, touch screens, etc.).
- Experience programming microcontrollers (Raspberry Pi and Arduino).
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Kotlin, etc.).
- Experience designing circuits and electronic systems.
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing, prototyping, and/or operating mechatronics systems (3D printers, CNC machines, RC drones, robots, etc.).
- Experience developing basic mobile applications (Android/Mac OS).
- Experience using PCB design software (preferably Eagle).
- Experience using CAD software (preferably AutoDesk Inventor).
- Attractive salary bonus incentives.
- Stable and exciting job with upward mobility.
- Develop an interesting and innovative product.
- Work autonomously in a startup environment.
- Within a 1-minute walk from Main Square.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a few sentences introducing themselves and explaining why they are excited about this opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for Mechatronics Engineer role at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are also happy to accept motivated university students studying mechanical, electrical, software, automation, and robotics engineering or computer science for internships to work on this project. Students may be offered full-time positions based on performance.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is a US-based advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are developing a compact, affordable, and intuitive foundry system for making cast metal parts with the dimensional and material properties of industrial castings.
Our MetalMaker Foundry will allow engineers, professionals, and small businesses to produce prototypes and production runs of cast metal parts. By integrating our MetalMaker Foundry with existing 3D printers and CNC machines, we are able to provide an agile process workflow that will disrupt the metal casting and additive manufacturing industries.
We are now searching for engineers to build a product development team in Kraków, Poland.